• The WORCS ATV Championship returns to Glen Helen Raceway for a full weekend of exciting ATV racing action!
• This weekend’s race will be round 7 of 8, and just 5 points separate points leader Jeremie Warnia from 2010 WORCS ATV Champion Josh Frederick.
• Practice will be held on Friday from 9AM-2PM.
• Gate fees are $20 for a weekend pass, $10 for Sunday only. Kids 12 and under are $5.
San Bernardino, Calif. - September 14, 2011
– The 2011 WORCS ATV Championship returns to Glen Helen Raceway this weekend for three full days of ATV racing action! Things will start to heat up on Friday with an open practice session from 9AM-2PM, followed by a full day of amateur racing action on Saturday and Sunday morning, and the pro/am and pro main events on Sunday will bring the weekend to its exciting conclusion!
Heading into round 7, Can-Am Motoworks’ Jeremie Warnia clings to the lead with 137 points after taking third at round 6 at Washougal, but the #1 plate of his teammate and 2010 WORCS ATV Champion Josh Frederick is right behind him with 132 points. With just 5 points separating the top two riders, and the 2011 season drawing to a close, both riders are sure to be giving it all they’ve got to claim the 2011 title.
Since its inception in 2001, WORCS racing has become one of the biggest off-road racing series in the country. Its combination of off-road and motocross racing elements give racers a unique challenge, and gives them the chance to prove that they are truly the fastest racers in the world. With classes ranging from beginner to pro, the WORCS series is a great way for racers of all skill levels to put themselves to the test. For more information about the 2011 WORCS ATV Championship, go to their website at www.worcsracing.com.
Glen Helen Raceway: Glen Helen Raceway is the premier Off-Road Racing facility in Southern California and is known as a world class racing facility. The 256 acre facility located near the San Bernardino County town of Devore, has featured Motocross, Sand Drags, Short and Long Course Buggies & Trucks, AMA 125/250 MX Nationals, Pro ATV Racing, Off Road G.P. and Endurance races, and the FIM United States Grand Prix, World Championship Motocross event