- Glen Helen Ride Days trail-riding on Friday, March 25th. Trail rides for riders of all skill levels led by Gary Jones.
- Dirt Fest 2011 on Saturday, March 26th features activities and attraction for all four-wheeling fans.
- The Yamaha Quad-X Series kicks off Sunday, March 27th. Open to all quad riders, no membership required.
San Bernardino, Calif. - March 23, 2011 - Glen Helen Raceway, America's playground in Southern California, is excited to present three major events this weekend: Ride Days, Dirt Fest 2011, and Round #1 of the 2011 Yamaha Quad-X Series.
The exciting weekend kicks off on Friday with Glen Helen's monthly installment of Ride Days. This event allows riders of all levels the chance to explore some great off-road trails marked by 4-time AMA champion Gary Jones. Gary will also lead rides throughout the day. Ride Days goes from 8am until dusk. ATVs and UTVs are welcome too! Standard gate fees apply, and free overnight camping is available.
The festivities continue on Saturday with Dirt Fest 2011. This first-time event promises to be full of fun and excitement for four-wheelers. In addition to open tracks and trails all day on Saturday, Dirt Fest offers a variety of unique events:
- UTV & Quad races on Lucas Oil Short Course, 1pm-3pm
- Poker Run on Single Diamond Trail, 2pm-4pm
- Mud Bog Drags in south parking lot, all vehicles, 2pm-dusk
- Baja Drags north of the tower, 8am-dusk
- Blind Drive Time Event (driver blindfolded, passenger navigates)
- Cook-Off from 12-30 (bring your own cooking equipment)
- Industry Row located behind starting gate
- Yamaha, Can-Am and Polaris demo rides on their latest models
Gate fees for Saturday's events will be $20 per adult, and $10 for children 6-12 years old. Free overnight camping is included!
The weekend concludes on Sunday with more practice tracks and the opening round of the Yamaha Quad-X Series. Many trails and tracks will be open for practice all day Sunday and once again Yamaha, Can-Am and Polaris will provide demo rides on their latest models. Gate fees will be $10 per adult and $5 for children 6-12 years old. Round #1 of the Yamaha Quad-X Series is open to all racers and will accommodate all classes. No membership is required to race. For information on race entry fees, prizes, and more visit http://www.quadxseries.com/seriesinfo.html. Race registration will take place at the track.
This weekend promises to be an exciting one, full of fun and events for the whole family. Whether you plan to come to Ride Days on Friday, Dirt Fest on Saturday, Quad-X on Sunday, or spend the whole weekend, there will be no shortage of entertainment at the track.
April 2 - Lucas Oil Regional Short Course Round 1
April 3 - MTA World 2-Stroke Championships
April 9 - Baja Cup Challenge
April 17 - X Racing MX Round 1
May 14-15 - Monster Energy Grand Prix of the United States
Glen Helen Raceway:Glen Helen Raceway is the premier Off-Road Racing facility in Southern California and is known as a world class racing facility. The 256 acre facility located near the San Bernardino County town of Devore, has featured Motocross, Sand Drags, Short and Long Course Buggies & Trucks, AMA 125/250 MX Nationals, Pro ATV Racing, Off Road G.P. and Endurance races, and the FIM United States Grand Prix, World Championship Motocross event